Addiction Counselor FT at (Shawnee Residential)
|Application Type:||Addiction Counselor|
|Employment Status:||Full Time|
This position will serve clients at our residential unit in Shawnee, Kansas. Duties include: delivery of Mirror’s approved curriculum, psychoeducational presentations, individual counseling, group counseling, case management activities and all related paperwork demands (which include entering clinical documentation into the Mirror electronic health record).
For a complete list of job duties contact Mirror HR for a copy of the actual job description.
- BS or MS in social work, sociology, psychology, substance abuse counseling or a closely related field
- Be a licensed substance abuse counselor in the State of Kansas. Licensed Addiction Counselor or Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor required.
- Certification to deliver SB 123 services and assessments desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required as well as ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Capable of maintaining a team spirit. Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Must be adaptable to change and have effective organizational skills.
- Must be able to organize and follow through on multiple tasks.
- Display consistent, good judgement and decision making skills.
- Knowledge in the disease of addiction and the various modes of treatment.
- Knowledge of the criminal mindset and persons with anti-social, et.al., personality disorder(s).
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with the resistive, chemically dependent client.
- Must be able to pass security check.
- Every employee must be free of chemical dependency for at least 2 years prior to employment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word with basic understanding of Excel preferred. Demonstrate knowledge of documentation necessary to enter client information in our electronic health record (EHR)
- Since the science of addiction is rapidly evolving counseling staff must have a through working knowledge of the disease of addiction and the various modes of treatment. Must be able to adapt to and implement changing treatment models and techniques.
- This position may also involve bending, walking stairs and lifting up to 40 pounds on occasion.
- Meet drug-free policy