Clinical Supervisor [Newton Programs]
|Application Type:||Clinical Supervisor [Newton Programs]|
|Employment Status:||Full Time|
The position is designed to provide supervision and on-going training to counseling staff concerning treatment methods, curricula development and clinical skill development. Persons in this position may provide counseling services should the need arise due to counseling staff turnover, counseling staff time off work due to vacation, illness or training needs and/or funding restrictions or reductions. The Clinical Supervisor will deal with the day-to-day clinical operations of the facility including any crisis intervention for the clients and staff. The duties of this position may be quite varied and include curricula development and implementation, clinical supervision, administrative tasks, in-service trainings and assessment of counseling staff. May include some supervision duties with other OP programs in SC area.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology, counseling, substance abuse counseling or closely related field is required.
- Minimum 2 years paid experience providing substance abuse counseling to the addicted population using evidence based practices.
- Minimum 1 year paid experience paid administrative experience. Administrative experience in a treatment setting is most desirable.
- Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor (LCAC) in the State of Kansas is required. Additional licensure in social work or professional counseling is also desired, such as LSCSW, LMSW or LCPC.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of the DSM IV or V and the ASAM criteria. Experience and certification in the use of the ASI, SASSI, and KCPC is preferred.