MAINTENANCE STAFF (Shawnee) [FT or PT]
|Application Type:||Maintenance Staff [Shawnee]|
|Employment Status:||Full Time|
Duties include oversight of assigned Mirror properties, vehicle upkeep, conformance to life and fire safety codes, completing or scheduling of facility repairs and purchasing of facility mechanical equipment and supplies, light custodial work, and coordinating the work of contractors and other vendors. Can be FT or PT.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development certificate.
- Vocational/Technical courses and/or work-related experience in building maintenance, building systems, climate/environmental control systems, plumbing, and/or light electrical is required.
- Experience in supervising and interacting with persons addicted to drugs or the offender/prison population is desirable.
- Experience in facility maintenance and vehicle maintenance is required.
- Computer literacy is a plus.
- Good reading, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through with multiple tasks related to the facility maintenance, repairs, and custodial services for a commercial agency.
- Capable of working overtime hours past 40.
- Available on-call basis to handle “major” problems related to facility maintenance or operation.
- Awareness of the disease of addiction.
- Must be able to pass KBI (et.al.) security check.
- Every employee must be free of chemical dependency for at least 2 years prior to employment.
- This position involves working, climbing stairs, bending, shoveling, lifting (or assisting) up to 50 pounds.
- Must have valid driver’s license. Be able to operate machinery (such as power tools, lawn mowers, etc.) and motor vehicles.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and with a basic understanding of Excel preferred.
- Must be able to travel to assigned Mirror facilities in order to perform maintenance responsibilities.