Program Technician (PRN) at the Topeka Residential Addiction Treatment Program
|Application Type:||Program Technician - PRN - Topeka|
|Employment Status:||Part Time|
Under the clinical supervision of the Facility Coordinator, the Program Technicians at the Mirror Inc. facilities are responsible for monitoring the clients behavior and movements, transporting clients, observing client urinalysis screens and for supporting the clinical programs and services offered by MIRROR to its contracting institutions.
The Program Technicians shall operate in accordance with the policies set forth by the Board of Directors and as implemented by his/her supervisors and they shall abide by all applicable laws and regulations. Specifically, those related to Social and Rehabilitation Services, Division of Health Care Policy, Addiction and Prevention Service (SRS/AAPS) Licensure Standards and Kansas Department of Corrections (KDOC) contractual agreements.
In short, the duties of this position include supervision of clients, charting of client behavior, clerical tasks as related to the work environment, security, collection and the related paperwork requirements of client urinalysis testing and assisting the clinical staff whenever needed.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development certificate.
- College courses in human services of the field of addiction would be desirable.
- Experience in supervising and interacting with persons addicted to drugs or the prison population would be desirable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word with basic understanding of Excel and Access preferred.
- Good reading, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize and follow through with multiple tasks related to client charting and
tracking the physical whereabouts of the clients referred to Mirror Residential programs.
- Capable of working over-time hours past 40.
- Awareness of the disease of addiction.
- Must be able to pass KBI (et al.) security check.
- Every employee must be free of chemical dependency for at lease 2 years prior to employment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and with a basic understanding of Excel and Access preferred.
- Job functions in this position may involve some walking, climbing stairs, bending, lifting (or assisting) up to 30 or 40 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise clients during the assigned hours.
- Monitor groups as required.
- Provide educational presentations and facilitate recreation therapy as directed by your supervisor.
- Familiarize yourself on a daily basis with the status of each individual client either through an oral conference with the primary counselor, or by checking the counselor’s charting. Remember to check the staff communication notebook.
- Complete orientation related paperwork on each client as directed by your supervisor.
- Provide transportation for clients to community based providers. This might include appointments to court hearings, doctor’s offices, parole/probation officers, etc…
- Maintain a record of all client movement within the given facility.
- Maintain client and program confidentiality as required by federal law.
- Supervise clients during urine specimen collection process during assigned hours.
- Notify the appropriate person if a client fails to provide a urine sample when required.
- Ensure the safety of the clients by securing the Mirror Residential building while you are on duty.
- Monitor referred clients as necessary when on Mirror property, at Mirror related activities in the community or while at scheduled appointments with community providers.
- While on duty, maintain a true and accurate record of client behavior and program related activities in the client’s daily case record.
- Must attend and participate in all staff meetings as directed by the Facility Coordinator.Record and deposit client co-payments, which are collected via the policy and procedures, set forth by the agency.
- Assist in the collection of client fees as it directly impacts the relationship between the client and Mirror Inc.
- Assure that copies of all official program communications and client related materials are filed appropriately and in the designated client files.
- Duplicate records and papers as required.
- Handle crisis situations as they might arise. Intervene appropriately to diffuse or de-escalate potentially harmful situations.
- Be available for case staffing conferences when requested by your supervisor.
- Assist Mirror’s counseling and administrative staff with SRS/AAPS compliance and/or KDOC audit conditions.
- Perform other job related functions as directed by your immediate supervisor.
High school or equivalent
Supervising and interacting with persons addicted to drugs or the prison population: 1 year
TBD — Email
Topeka Residential and Outpatient Treatment Programs
2201 SE 25th Street
Topeka, KS, 66605
Mirror Employee Benefits