Making a Difference
Through STAND, teams of peer leaders are empowered to impact their school and community through positive campaigns that encourage hope, health and strength. Participants gain the opportunity to design service projects, build leadership skills and be a part of local solutions as they STAND, positively impacting their peers along the way.
- Present drug and alcohol campaigns to local middle school students.
- Beautify their local parks
- Network with local and state leaders, building communication skills.
- Serve on their local Healthy Harvey Drug Free Communities Coalition.
- Attend leadership conferences.
- Host family nights to educate parents and youth on dangers of drugs and alcohol.
- Act as “Joy Givers” during the holidays volunteering and bringing joy to others to address mental health.
- Carry out Social Norms Campaigns at their schools, showcasing that the majority of teens make healthy choices.
- And much more!
There are currently six STAND teams in Hesston, Halstead, Burrton, Sedgwick, Peabody and Newton. Each group is actively working to prevent substance abuse and increase community connections.
Get Involved – Apply now!
If you are interested in becoming a member of STAND or serving on the STAND board please download and complete the forms below:
If you have any questions please contact us: