Youth as Resources
Making a difference
Youth as Resources (YAR) is a program that gives youth the opportunity to be active participants in their community and school. Through YAR, teams of high school youth from Harvey County towns design and carry out service projects, implement campaigns that address substance abuse in youth and participate in leadership training.
This year Youth as Resources members have..
- Delivered homemade cookies to local law enforcement, fire and ems departments to commemorate 9/11
- Trained 5th grade students in Over the Counter Medicine Safety (a national pilot project of CADCA)
- Attended Mirror’s Youth Leadership Summit
- Hosted family fun nights educating parents and youth on making healthy choices.
- Planned alternative activity nights for their local high schools
- Attended Kansas Youth Empowerment conference at state capitol.
- Planted flowers to beautify Main Street.
- Created gingerbread cut-outs to honor/represent the children served by local child advocacy center (Heart to Heart)
- Presented to Middle School students about the dangers of drugs and alcohol use.
- Partnered with YMCA on national Healthy Kids Day initiative.
- Attended Kansas Youth Leadership Summit and created plan to make Harvey County a safer, healthier place to live.
- and much more..
Service learning projects provide youth with the opportunity to bond to the community. A protective factor that buffers them from risky behaviors and promotes positive youth development (according to the researched based social development strategy of the CTC).
Get Involved – Apply now!
If you are interested in becoming a member of Youth as Resources or serving on the YAR board please download and complete the forms below:
If you have any questions please contact us: