Residential Treatment Orientation
WHAT TO EXPECT
Family visitation is allowed in most circumstances. Times and requirements may vary depending at each particular Mirror facility.
- must be on the approved visitation list
- adult visitors must show ID at the door before being allowed to enter the facility
- must sign in and out
- are not allowed in clients’ bedrooms
Calls may be received in most circumstances. Time and requirements may vary at each Mirror facility.
Clients may bring cell phones but there restrictions on their use.
Clients are allowed to receive mail at the facilities.
Mirror cannot release any information about our clients unless they have signed a release form.
How long is inpatient treatment? Intermediate treatment is a 28-day program. Following this, you have the option to apply for reintegration, which starts out at 30 additional days, or continue on to outpatient aftercare.
Can I work while I’m in treatment? While in the intermediate program, your day will consist of many groups and structured hours which will make it difficult to hold down a job. We recommend you abstain from working and focus on your treatment. For clients in the reintegration program, your work schedule is something you and your counselor will coordinate so that you can attend any required groups.
Please be aware that requirements vary by facility. Contact the particular facility director for complete details.
WHAT TO BRING
- Photo ID and Social Security card
- A 30-day supply of any legally prescribed medication in the client’s name. (Narcotics or Schedule 4 drugs must be approved in advance.)
- Seven changes of clothing, one for each day of the week.
- 3 pairs of shoes (slippers are okay but must not be worn outside)
- Socks (7 pairs)
- Underwear (7 pairs)
- Bras (7; no lingerie)
- Shirts (7; tank tops, spaghetti straps and mesh tops will not be allowed anywhere other than the residential areas)
- Pants and shorts (No holes; shorts must be thigh length–no “booty shorts”)
- Hangers (10-optional; clothes must be folded or hung up)
- Personal toiletries such as soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, cologne or perfume (nothing containing alcohol)
- Alarm clock
- Radio / iPod / MP3 (must have ear buds)
- Coffee in a sealed container
- Laundry soap (1 container)
- Cell phone and charger
- No more than $50 cash (bring small bills as the facility will not provide change)
- Cigarettes and lighter (but no E-cigs or chewing tobacco)
- must fit in locker
- must be in individual or re-sealable containers
- no homemade items
- soda is allowed but must not exceed 12-pack
- Towels and wash cloth
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Bedding (Mirror provides pillows and bedding at check-in. No personal linens are allowed.)
- Clothing that is revealing, contains explicit wording or that has graphic designs depicting drugs, violence or gangs
- Weapons of any kind
- Food items that require refrigeration
- Fresh fruit, sunflower seeds or canned meats